35 Outrageous Examples of Useless Packaging That Trashes the Planet With Plastic Waste
While the whole world is trying to be sustainable and minimize its ecological foot print, these companies with superfluous wrapping, whether it’s a pill wrapped in 3 layers of plastic or individually packaged grapes, are treading the completely opposite direction.
Here at AZtag we were very impressed by this “ingenuity” and decided to share this compilation with you of the most ridiculous packaging ever.
1. In case you need to take a piece of bread to go
© IamRasters / reddit
2. “If only bananas had a robust, natural, bio-degradable packaging of their own.”
© thenamenononehas / imgur
3. So this was the packaging for my free Chapstick.
© Unknown / imgur
4. Guys, it’s gonna be a cash cow! We get rid of the eggshells and put the eggs in plastic bags!
© ShinigamiDady / reddit
5. One single pill and the amount of wrapping for it
© Neglected_Martian / reddit
6. Do these companies think that this amount of packaging will keep it fresh?
© climbingup_thewalls / reddit
7. Wait, but it’s already in cubes…
8. 2 lemongrass stalks, seriously?
9. The best Illustration for the word “overpacked”
10. Just one question: Why?
© hippityhoppflop / reddit
11. “I ordered a small piece of magnet.”
© MiaMiaPP / reddit
12. “Say no to plastic” indeed!
© YARA5000 / reddit
13. “This Hong Kong supermarket sells individually plastic wrapped and boxed strawberries.”
© Ree81 / reddit
14. Pre-cut and individually wrapped peppers are just insanity!
© 6packobeer / reddit
15. Maybe it’s just a very inventive way to prevent them from rolling around?
© Chicken_Man_64 / reddit
16. The only explanation for this would be that this part shrank during delivery.
© tommiedineen / reddit
17. Is that a polite way to say that you’re only allowed to eat one grape?
© Unknown / reddit
18. A quartered watermelon in a bag — freshness guaranteed!
© oreece29 / reddit
19. “Is this packaging really necessary Zyrtec?”
© explodr / reddit
20. If there’s no disk needed, why do you send this?
© Unknown / imgur
21. Could it be just one container?
22. All this packaging for a bottle with 30 pills. Thanks, Amazon!
© Minionhunter / reddit
23. There’s no way microbes are getting on those apples!
© pagged / reddit
24. “Bought an umbrella on Amazon and it came with 50 times its volume in cardboard packaging and wrapping.”
© GallowBoob / reddit
25. How is that supposed to help?
© kirketkin / reddit
26. “I thought I was doing my bit by buying Q-tips that weren’t made of plastic. Instead they’re just individually wrapped in it…”
© chard_evans / reddit
27. “Pre-sliced and packaged avocados? What a time to be alive!”
© Unknown / imgur
28. Apparently, the natural cover is not protective enough
29. “I ordered 5 lbs of sugar free Jelly Belly’s online… They arrived individually wrapped! Why?”
© betterdayzahead / imgur
30. Such fragile products for sure should be highly protected, and don’t forget to put “organic” on the wrapper.
© jonnyopinion / reddit
31. This is some serious packaging for such a tiny steak.
32. Looks like somebody came up with a new business wrapping the free IKEA pencils and selling them.
33. This USB drive is far too small for that packaging.
© Nice_Sandwich / reddit
34. “The plastic has to be removed from every single mini-sausage before cooking.”
© UndocumentedTuesday / reddit
35. These potatoes are called “Natural Beauty.”
The individually wrapped strawberry in a box is an absolute winner in our mind. Have you ever come across such eco-unfriendly packaging? We’d be happy to see your stories and pictures in the comment section below!