31 Photos That Show the Joys of Living With Newfoundland Dogs
Newfoundland dogs originated in Canada and were used as working dogs. Because of their large strong frames, they were great both on land and in the water, and their jobs were to pull nets for fishermen and haul wood from the forest. Because they are sweet-natured and responsive, they make great family pets and it’s really not hard to see why.
Besides a precious nickname like “Newfie” and their chubby, fluffy appearance, the AZtag team found a bunch of other great reasons that a Newfoundland should make its way into your family.
1. “I like this! Is there more?”
2. Even when they have a bad haircut, they still look as sweet as ever.
© dannygally / reddit
3. They’re the most precious pups no matter whether they’re big or small.
4. “If there’s snow, the Newfie will sit.”
© NickFromNewGirl / reddit
5. Who would be able to resist this dashing fellow?
6. They might be big, but boy do they like to cuddle!
© meyvos / reddit
7. This is a very serious puppy who’s had a ruff day at work!
8. “Ollie likes to come to tennis practice and help out!”
© mozman68 / reddit
9. They know what they want… walkies all day every day!
10. If one pair of puppy dog eyes weren’t enough, imagine 2…
© andyandtherman / reddit
11. They make friends, even if they’re very small…
© Thesmithos / reddit
12. They have good sniffers to find exactly what they’re searching for.
13. Who would be able to resist this little fluffball running toward them?
14. These brothers are only 16 months apart, and that bow-wow will protect him forever.
© mattsidesinger / reddit
15. Newfies are very inclusive and will be BFFs with just about anyone!
© newfy / reddit
16. Do they shed? Here’s your answer…
17. This little pupper is testing out his posing skills.
© andyandtherman / Imgur
18. “My Newfie puppy used to fall asleep with his head in the toilet.”
© Createurlov / reddit
19. Even when they’re sick they’re still totally heart-melting.
20. They are massive bears, perfect for protecting small puppies.
© snayar / reddit
21. But they are still just as adorable as the little doggos.
22. They are such good boys and girls and that it’s almost impossible not to say “Awwwww!” when looking at them.
© dorainite / reddit
23. How can you say no to these puppy dog eyes?
24. “Mom, really?!? A bow?”
© pengwynkitty / reddit
25. They rest in the most bizarre of places!
© andyandtherman / Imgur
26. “Those leftovers are for me, right?”
© Livane / reddit
27. Imagine playing with this fluffball every day!
© Foxless / reddit
28. “It’s a Bear! It’s a Mammoth! No, it’s Giant Dog!”
© TheOneTrueQueen / Imgur
29. Imagine this face waking you up every morning.
30. If you had a Newfie, you could have these little eyes looking at you all the way home.
© broodynewt / reddit
31. They might be huge, but they will also always be lap dogs.
© PinkyTaste / reddit
Which of these pictures made you want to get a Newfoundland right away? Tell us in the comments and if you’re a Newfie owner, share some more photos with us.
Preview photo credit newfaddiction / instagram, PinkyTaste / reddit