15+ Photos That Can Deceive Anyone at First Glance
Your own eyes can play a lot of tricks on you. We’re not just talking about the illustrated optical illusions you see in books, but things you can see in real life that are so deceptive they can make you do a double take. Faces and strange creatures might appear in the most random places. You might even see colors that aren’t really there.
We at AZtag love a good optical illusion, so we’re sharing a list of deceptive appearances seen all around the world. Don’t forget to check out our bonus feature that shows how familiar faces can be everywhere.
1. Despite the temptation, don’t call him “4-eyes”.
© Dlatrex / Reddit
2. This is mostly a black and white photo. An artist made it look colored with special diagonal lines.
© theywantmetohaveanid / Reddit
3. If you’ve never seen a coati before, you’d be forgiven for thinking these were little dinosaurs.
© lucao_87 / Reddit
4. No need to worry about giant swans, folks, it’s just a cloud.
© mrashtail / Reddit
5. “The lords of construction will now pass their judgment.”
© therealneurovis / Reddit
6. This collection of tiny chickens wearing even tinier glasses is actually just a bunch of flowers.
© oldgood_isaac / Reddit
7. An egg exploded and turned into a snail. Or is this where snails come from?
© monkeyman9608 / Reddit
8. “These chairs REALLY want you to sit on them.”
© schoolPRguy / Reddit
9. From a distance, these buses could be a pile of cassette tapes.
© AMDonline / Reddit
10. “This canned peach half in syrup looks like a massive cracked egg.”
© Unknown / Reddit
11. “Found in a can of refried beans…”
© Brodskiis / Reddit
12. Why did the tomatoes cross the road? To show off those shoes!
© voodoomotyl / Reddit
13. Jack Frost took painting classes in his off-time and it shows.
© wiinkme / Reddit
14. These red slugs could almost be a 2-headed snake.
© Achilles_Of_Reddit / Reddit
15. “Maybe we should cancel that outdoor hike indefinitely…”
© lukeram / Imgur
16. “On second thought, the outdoors are filled with giant bacon! Disregard that last statement.”
© Rezrkt / Imgur
17. Let us all welcome our new pineapple overlords.
© notnexus / Reddit
18. This anteater’s arm lives a secret life as a panda.
© Malene Thyssen / Wikimedia Commons
19. Sideshow Bob’s latest scheme must involve living as a tree.
© MrSllew / Reddit
Bonus: So, a lot of things look like Cookie Monster…
© TheSpacePope17 / Reddit
© aruffone / Reddit
© ArtistEngineer / Reddit
What are some other times your eyes played tricks on you? Please share with us in the comments!
Preview photo credit Dlatrex / Reddit